The official Class A district sites and pairings will be announced by the NSAA on Thursday, but with there only being a handful of Class A games scheduled today – the final day for contests to count toward wild card points used to calculate the seeds – we can reasonably project what those tournaments will look like.
The Heartland Athletic Conference tournament takes place tonight and North Platte takes on top-ranked Class C-1 Kearney Catholic. Regardless how the Bulldogs do tonight against Kearney Catholic, they will be the #2 seed. And, if we assume the seeds hold true in the HAC quarterfinals and semifinals tonight, we can put forward a projected district schedule with confidence it will be very accurate to what comes out on Thursday.
Should upsets rule the day in the HAC tournament this evening, a few things might change, but it is difficult to think anything that shocking will happen. So, here is what we project the Class A district tournaments to look like when the teams compete on Wednesday, Nov. 4, for the automatic bids to state.
A-1 at Omaha Marian
(1) Omaha Marian vs. (4) Omaha Bryan/(5) Omaha Benson winner
(2) Lincoln Pius X vs. (3) Lincoln East
A-2 at North Platte
(1) North Platte vs. (4) Lincoln High
(2) Grand Island vs. (3) Omaha Westside
A-3 at Papillion-LaVista
(1) Papillion-LaVista vs. (4) Norfolk
(2) Omaha Central vs. (3) Millard South
A-4 at Papillion-LaVista South
(1) Papillion-LaVista South vs. (4) Omaha Burke
(2) Omaha Northwest vs. (3) South Sioux City
A-5 at Lincoln Southwest
(1) Lincoln Southwest vs. (4) Fremont
(2) Bellevue West vs. (3) Lincoln Northeast
A-6 at Millard West
(1) Millard West vs. (4) Omaha South
(2) Millard North vs. (3) Kearney
A-7 at Lincoln North Star
(1) Lincoln North Star vs. (4) Bellevue East
(2) Lincoln Southeast vs. (3) Omaha North